Upcoming Teacher Listening Sessions
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 5:30 p.m. – Greenville (2nd Congressional District)
In person: Greenville Higher Education Center, 2900A Highway 1 South, Greenville
Link to attend virtually: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84044774529 Meeting ID: 840 4477 4529 Dial in: +1 312.626.6799
- Thursday, Dec. 9, 5:30 p.m. – Madison (3rd Congressional District)
In person: Madison Central High School Auditorium, 1417 Highland Colony Parkway, Madison
Link to attend virtually: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85632849818 Meeting ID: 856 3284 9818 Dial in: +1 312.626.6799
Those who cannot make it to a listening session in person are welcome to attend any of the sessions virtually. We are grateful to Chairman DeBar for seeking out educators’ input as he and his team work to make Mississippi’s teacher pay competitive in the Southeast.
Parents of students in kindergarten through grade 3 will want to take advantage of regional literacy meetings to learn how to help their students prepare for the third grade literacy assessment. The meetings, hosted by the Mississippi Department of Education, will feature information about the state literacy law and strategies that can be used at home to help students improve their reading skills.
Upcoming Literacy Meetings
- Monday, Nov. 15, 6-7 p.m. – Family Education Center, 3524 Prentiss Avenue, Moss Point
- Tuesday, Nov. 16, 6-7 p.m. – McCoy Elementary School, 1835 School Drive, Yazoo City
- Thursday, Nov. 18, 6-7 p.m. – Mississippi Valley State Business Building, 14000 US-82 West, Itta Bena
- Tuesday, Nov. 30, 6-7 p.m. – Partnership Middle School, 11200 MS-182, Starkville
- Monday, Dec. 6, 6-7 p.m. – Bates Elementary School, 3180 McDowell Road Ext., Jackson
Additional information about the literacy meetings is available on MDE’s flyer.
Please help us spread the word about these important events. Together, we’ve got this!