The deadline to register to vote in the upcoming November election is Monday, October 4.
A number of important races will be on the ballot on November 2, including school board races in many school districts and special elections for three legislative seats:
- House District 29: Bolivar and Sunflower counties (Rep. Abe Hudson has resigned)
- Senate District 32: Kemper, Lauderdale, Noxubee, and Winston counties (Sen. Sampson Jackson has resigned)
- Senate District 38: Adams, Amite, Pike, Walthall, and Wilkinson counties (Sen. Tammy Witherspoon has resigned)
You can verify that your registration is up-to-date or change your address on the Secretary of State’s web site. Not yet registered? Just print and complete the official voter registration form and mail it in today. You must have it postmarked no later than Monday, October 4, in order to vote in the November election. You may register to vote in person at any of these locations:
- Circuit Clerk’s Office
- Municipal Clerk’s Office
- Department of Public Safety
- Any state or federal agency offering government services
Voting is one of the most important things we can do for our children and our state. Check your registration today to make sure it is correct, and get registered to vote if you haven’t done so already.
Our children and teachers are counting on us, and together, we’ve got this!