The teacher pay raise conference report (HB 504 CR) was filed on 3/31/14 and passed by both the House and Senate on 4/1/14. It provides for:
- $1,500 across-the-board raise in 2014-2015
- $1,000 across-the-board raise in 2015-2016
A School Recognition Program will be implemented beginning in 2016-2017. It:
- Requires financial awards to be shared by teachers and staff (not administrators); funds will be provided in non-recurring salary supplements to be paid out over the remainder of the year in which the award is given
- Schools maintaining an “A” rating OR moving up one rating level will receive $100 per pupil
- Schools maintaining a “B” rating will receive $75 per pupil
The conference report also says that it is the intent of the Legislature to develop a plan to reward high-performing teachers in C, D, and F schools by July 1, 2016.