To help parents strengthen their children’s early literacy skills, the Mississippi Department of Education will hold eight meetings throughout the state for parents of Kindergarten through 3rd grade students. The meetings will provide an overview of the Literacy-Based Promotion Act and teach strategies that parents can use at home to help their children improve their reading.
Parent meeting dates and locations:
All meetings will be held at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 18: Jackson – Cardozo Middle School
- Thursday, February 19: Jackson – Kirksey Middle School
- Monday, February 23: Meridian – Meridian High School Auditorium
- Wednesday, February 25: Oxford – Oxford Conference Center (postponed due to weather)
- Tuesday, March 3: Hattiesburg – N.R. Burger Middle School Transploreum
- Thursday, March 5: Oxford – Oxford Conference Center (new date)
- Tuesday, March 17: Cleveland – Jacob Center (Ewing Hall), Delta State University
- Thursday, March 19: Flowood – Northwest Rankin High School Auditorium
- Tuesday, March 24: Biloxi – Biloxi High School Lecture Hall